Applications for admission to the college is to be submitted in the prescribed form with a specific date as notified in advance. The merit list will be displayed on the notice board well ahead of the admission date. Admission will be held on merit basis. A student has to produce the following documents at the time of the admission-
- HSLC/HS Admit Card
- HS Registration Certificate
- Original Marks Sheet of last examination passed
- Gap Certificate if needed
- Original Certificate from the institution last attended
- Passport size photograph (4 copies)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate (if needed)
- Certificate of Proficiency in extra ordinary co curricular activities
- Necessary documents applicable for free admission under the Fee Waiver Scheme of Govt of Assam
Selection of students who want to pursue Core/ Major in any subject will be done in order of merit at the time of admission. Admission to the college hostel will be held immediately after the college admission foe which separate application form is to be submitted.
General Information for the Students:
Prospectus and admission forms can be obtained from the college office on the payment of an amount as fixed by the authority. Admission will be on the basis of merit and first come first basis. There is provision for reservation for SC, ST,OBC, MOBC and physically challenged candidates as per govt norms. Provision for reservation also exists for the candidates having remarkable achievement in the field of music, sports and other activities.
Combination Of Subjects:
English, MIL/ Alt Eng, Environmental Studies
Major/ Core Subjects:
Students pursuing three year degree course honours may opt for core in any one of the following disciplines- Assamese, English, Education, Economics, Philosophy, Political Science, and History
Pass/ Regular Subjects:
Students have to select electives according to their choice from the following list- Economics, Education, Philosophy, History, Political Science, and Anthropology/Home Science
Rules and Regulations:
- Special stress is laid upon discipline and moral character of the students. Students must obey all the rules and regulations as prescribed by the college authority. Necessary action as judged appropriate by the college authority will be taken against any violation of rules, irregularity in class attendance, adoption of unfair means in the examinations and any other objectionable activities.
- All kinds of ragging are strictly prohibited.
- Any kind of students organisation or society in college is confined to the rules and regulation of the college
- In the implementation of all the rules and regulations the decision of the head of the institution is final.
- Students are necessarily to attend at least 75% of classes, failing to which they will be non-collegiate and will have to pay an amount of non-collegiate fees to be qualified for appearing in the examination.
- At least two unit tests and a sessional examination will be held during each semester. Students will have to attend such examination compulsorily to be qualified for appearing in final examination.
- Attending classes in prescribed UNIFORM Dress is compulsory for all the students.
- Colour of the UNIFORM- Light pink Top and Shirts, Deep gray Pants
- Special encouragement and facilities are provided to the students having bright prospect. Educational excursion is regularly organised to visit important places under the scheme of EK BHARAT SRESTHA BHARAT by Govt of Assam.